Tuesday 12 March 2013

More Prayer Requests

I am not in much of a writing mood right now, so I am going to keep this brief. It is a really busy time of the school year and my head is spinning with a million things to do. I promise I have things to update about, and I will give you a deserved update when I find some time to breathe again.

I am writing today to ask for prayer. I know this is a common reason for writing, but I really appreciate people who are praying for me, my students, and the work being done here in Thailand and specifically at GES.

This morning one of my students asked a question, and prefaced it by telling me it was hard and I probably couldn't answer it. He proceeded to tell me that ever since he decided to become a Christian that bad things have been happening to him that never happened when he was not a Christian. He then looked up at me, and I realized that he had tears welling in his eyes. He then told me that he didn't know if he could do it anymore.

My heart broke a little when I heard this and saw the tears welling in his eyes. I wanted to cry with him, but instead I asked him if I ever told him that Christianity would be easy. He told me no, and I reinforced that we had talked many times about how tough being a Christian could be. I had about 35 seconds before I had to take my kids out to flag, so I told him that I thought being a Christian in Thailand is especially tough. I asked him if I could pray for him and he said he would like that. I took time to pray with him and ask God for clarity in this.

I really believe that being a Christian here is so tough. Especially for a child living in a Buddhist home with so much working against them. There is no time for transitions and a warm welcome into Christian circles, but instead children who become Christians seem to have so much against them (including spiritual attacks). So I am asking you to join me in praying against these things. Pray that there would be protection over these students and that they could tangibly feel this protection over them.

Thank you for your continued support. I promise to update more soon, but please join me in praying in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment