Tuesday 26 February 2013

Prayers Appreciated

I could use some prayer for the coming weeks. It is the end of the school year and that is a crazy-busy time. Report cards are coming up, along with standards and a to-do list that seems to be never ending. I am feeling a little stressed and less connected with my kids because my head is in this mountain of paperwork. I want to be able to share the precious moments I have left with my kids and share Jesus with them more than anything in our remaining time. I know they will see less of Jesus in me if I am preoccupied with other things, and the best thing I can do is just be present in moments and enjoy time with my kids and open to their questions and conversations. Unfortunately, this is a struggle with a looming to-do list and rising stress levels, so some prayer for this would be appreciated.

I also could really use prayer for my exit interview that will be happening sometime soon. To be completely honest, this year has been a tough one and has hurt me in a lot of ways. I have dreams about my exit interview and it never ends well. I wake up anxious because I start screaming and getting so angry or just break down into tears. Both are viable options after the events of this year, but neither are things I want to happen. I asked to have the questions ahead of time so that I can prepare myself and make this the most constructive meeting. I do not want to get angry, but it is so hard to contain anger after being so hurt all year. I unfortunately have seen bitterness start to form in me after this year. I don't want that and I have been praying that I can present what I have to say calmly and in a constructive manner. Please pray for me also as I go into this meeting. Please pray for the school and pray for their hearts in receiving what I have to say.

I have 32 days left here now. That seems so surreal to me after seriously contemplating leaving multiple times this year. I have made it to the end, and I know that was God's plan for me this year. I am thankful that I am constantly seeing glimpses of God's goodness here, and I am thankful that God knows exactly when we need to see those glimpses of the work He is always doing around us!

1 comment: