Friday 8 February 2013

God is Good!

This comes directly out of a morning journal from one of my students in response to a critical thinking question:


"I will choose to believe in God because I know that heaven is true and I want to be with Jesus in heaven and not die again. I know that now I'm Buddhist but I want to change. I really...want to change.  I want to be a Christian. I believe that God provide everything for us. He takes care of us all of the time. So I believe in God and I don't know how to change. Can you help me?"

Praise the Lord!!! I have been praying all year that God would speak to them in their own individual ways, and today this boy came to me and told me that "God spoke to [him] in [his] own individual way"! I Just thought that was so cool! I tell my kids all the time what specifically I pray for them about and they hear me pray these prayers over them each day. It is just so awesome to see God answering prayers for me to see! I expected the results to be something I would not see for many years, or maybe never see, and was ready to be patient. Instead, I am so incredibly lucky to be able to see God answering prayers and changing my students' hearts right before my eyes!!!

On another note, I have one girl in my class who comes from a Korean family of missionaries. She has been sick a lot recently and this morning her dad informed me that she was sick due to spiritual warfare. That was a first. I honestly never expected to hear that as a reason for someone not being at school, but it awakened me once again to the reality of spiritual attack. I know I might sound redundant in asking for prayers against these attacks, but I know they are real and I know it is because God is moving in big ways here. Please continue to cover this school and classroom with your prayers....I really appreciate all of you who are praying and supporting me here!! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW powerful Chrissy!! God is so so good.
    AMEN

    (love Jade!! still praying for you! and now your class :))

    ReplyDelete