Wednesday 21 March 2012

I recently lost my license due to some very unfortunate circumstances, and have been forced to use a bicycle as my main mode of transportation. Let me make it clear that the last time I used a bicycle as my main mode of transport was when I was 10. In those times I would only really need to travel to my friends house and perhaps the convenience store to get a popsicle on a hot day. Then, it was totally acceptable to cruise along the sidewalks and avoid the danger of the wide open road. Fast forward 13 years. I am now 23 years old, and it is no longer acceptable to ride on the sidewalk.....shoot. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's also illegal. Darn. So without any reasonable training, I am supposed to navigate the streets on my bicycle (correction: I didn't actually own a bicycle, so i am borrowing one for my main mode of transport). Am I the only person in the world who gets sweaty palms thinking of making a left hand turn into a major intersection? To make things even more fun, I just happen to live moments (or should I say pedals?) away from a very large intersection. Just thinking about it makes me nervous. Needless to say, the start of this cycling lifestyle has been a fun one.
As I have begun this cycling adventure, I have had a lot of time to think. There have been an array of thoughts that have crossed my mind, from the utterly ridiculous, to some more thought provoking issues. While cycling you have a lot of time for thinking, and through my blog I would like to share some of the thoughts that I have while riding. Please bare with me as some of these thoughts may be direct translations from my inner dialogue (scary stuff) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment